Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bathroom

The Bathroom is done! Well almost...

We are pretty particular with all the small details so we are working on getting it perfect, but it's exciting to walk into a beautiful new space every morning.

I only wish our bathroom was bigger so you could get a better sense of the space from the photographs.

Loving the new comfort height toilet from Kohler, however I'm considering replacing the flush handle with a more traditional fixture that correlates with the other finishes. You can buy replacement flush handles at big box stores like Home Depot or Lowes.


Our Vanity Top came out beautifully. As I mentioned in a previous posting, we decided to use the same color marble on the floor and the counter. I hand picked the slab of marble and showed them exactly where to cut to be certain there weren't any imperfections. In fact they actually brought a counter that wasn't cut according to my specifications and there was a large imperfection (think a gigantic birthmark) on the stone. I felt badly, but I told them I couldn't accept this counter and requested a new piece. Thankfully they had another slab at their warehouse and I was able to get a new counter.

I am obsessed with the Container Store - it is seriously my happy place! Thanks to an $85 trip to the container store, our medicine cabinet now looks organized and pretty.


We decided to put a small niche in the shower wall. These are easy to build in between the studs. The only real cost is the extra work for the tiler. Ours cost an extra $75 worth of labor, but I think it's worth it.

I will post in a few days explaining where we purchased everything. You can also look forward to a post on how to choose a general contractor and how to survive a remodel!

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing Kendall! Definitely inspiring! I bet it's nice to have it all finished!

    ReplyDelete