Friday, June 25, 2010

Staging!

Before starting Paper Possibilities, I worked for my Dad's Real Estate Development company- Focus Development. I still have a passion for real estate and occasionally he allows me to furnish and decorate one of his models. Most recently he gave me the opportunity to work on a fabulous unit at his development Courthouse Square.

Courthouse Square is a condominium development located in Wheaton, IL. The development includes new construction condominiums and rowhomes, however the centerpiece is the Historic DuPage County Courthouse which was restored and renovated into 6 luxurious condominiums. The building was built in 1896 when the county seat moved from Naperville to Wheaton. In the 1960's, the county built a Jail/Annex addition to accommodate their growing needs. In the 90's the county moved all of their offices to a complex on the other side of town, and the building was used by National Louis as it's Wheaton campus. My Dad and his partners purchased the property as part of a redevelopment agreement with the city of Wheaton in 2003. They demolished the eyesore of an addition, built the new condominiums, and began restoring the Courthouse. It was a painstaking process to restore the building, however I am so PROUD of the end result. The Courthouse looks beautiful now and is truly a reflection of the city of Wheaton and its history!

After the Addition was removed, before the restoration

After

I worked with my Dad to design the "Courtroom Residence". This condominium is located where the original Courtroom used to be. It features 22' vaulted ceilings, 3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bathrooms, and 3600 square feet. I chose all of the finishes (i.e. cabinets, counters, backsplash, flooring, etc.) and decorated it with furnishings from Toms-Price. Sidenote - Toms-Price is now having a Floor sample sale and there are some amazing deals to be had!


Living Room

Dining Room

Master Bathroom

I'll be honest the kitchen I designed for this unit is very similar to what I hope my kitchen will eventually look like. I am still loving the look of painted white cabinets and I'm hoping they will never go out of style!

Hope this gives you a lot of inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment