Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Holiday Happiness!

So we are entering into the magical holiday season and of course my favorite part is the decorating. Over the next few weeks and months I'll be posting lots of holiday decorating ideas as well as gift ideas. I always find I enjoy the holidays more if I get my shopping done early so hopefully some of my gift ideas will work for your friends and family. Also keep an eye out for the Paper Possibilities holiday card line which will be posted very soon - not to mention our personalized stationary makes a great holiday gift!

Currently Fall is upon us and I love decorating for fall and prepping for the long winter ahead. Yesterday Andrew and I headed to Chicago Firewood and purchased some oak logs for our fireplace. They also sell birch logs, which although they are more expensive look so contemporary and modern. If I had my way I would stack them all the way up to the ceiling.

Photo courtesy of West Elm

I'm also looking forward to driving out to Chalet in Wilmette and purchasing some gourds and pumpkins. They have a great collection of the most unique gourds. I'm currently obsessed with white pumpkins - they are gorgeously neutral and urban! Create stark centerpieces, or you can even paint the pumpkins for a more traditional look. Or if you are the fabulous Eddie Ross - love him btw - you'll paint your regular old orange pumpkins with white paint (to get them Martha Stewart Perfect)! Once the house is all gussied up I'll be sure to post some pics!

For additional fall decorating ideas check out Better Homes and Gardens website where they feature 16 beautiful and easy ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment