Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fantastically Easy Beef Stroganoff

My new favorite blog - Meal Planning Mommies features weekly easy recipe ideas. Now I'm definitely not a Mommy (or going to be one soon), however I am a fan of anything that make dinner easier. I recently tried their recipe for beef strogonoff made in a crock pot. It was fantastic - and Andrew (my husband) liked it despite the fact that he doesn't like mushrooms. The recipe follows:

Here is what you need:
2 tbsp. flour, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 lb. boneless beef round steak (I used pre-chopped beef tips), 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 cup water, 1 envelope dried onion soup mix, 1/2 cup sour cream, 9 oz jar (can or fresh) mushrooms (I opted not to include these due to Andrew's dislike for them).

Step 1: combine 2 tbsp. flour, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and 1/2 tsp. pepper in slow cooker

Step 2: Cut meat into 1 1/2 x 1 inch strips (or cubed like mine) and toss in flour mixture until well coated.

Step 3: Add mushroom soup, 1/2 cup water, and soup mix. Stir until well blended.

Step 4: Cover, cook on High 3-3/12 hours or Low 6-7 hours

Step 5: Stir in mushrooms, 1/2 cup sour cream.

Let the sour cream cook in the stroganoff about 10-15 minutes or until heated through

Step 6: Cook your noodles. I chose to eat our stroganoff over noodles, but it would be just as good over rice, bread or potatoes.

Try it and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment